Sass – conselling services
The SASS offers a range of counselling services. Booking a session with one of our counsellors is often the best way to determine together what service within our Stepped-Care model is the best match for a student’s needs. This may include services within our program such as short-term counselling, linking to other services within or outside of the university or it may involve on-line learning resources such as Therapy Assistance On-line (or TAO).
sass – STEPPED CARE MODEL
A therapist can guide you to determine your best options based on your needs!
- Efficient integration of counselling and SASS-wide services, including the university community as a whole.
- Students will experience more autonomy and a higher level of competency in order to continue succeeding at uOttawa.
- Program options are based on individual student needs and strength.
GSAÉD – MY SPP PROGRAM
We are pleased to announce that the GSAÉD has partnered with Morneau Shepell, global leaders in mental health support, to bring you My SSP Student Support Program (My SSP), effective September 1, 2018. My SSP is an additional, complimentary benefit for all graduate students with health & dental coverage through Green Shield Canada that specifically targets students who may not reach out for support, by using technology to connect those in need to counsellors who understand student life. Immediate support is available 24/7/365 through instant messaging and telephone, and ongoing counselling is available through telephone and video by appointment. My SSP is completely confidential within the limits of the law. Through making professional support available 24/7 through secure technology (instant chat, telephone and video counselling) My SSP successfully targets graduate students, and removes barriers to access related to concerns about stigma and confidentiality. If a student is currently seeing an onsite counsellor through the University, they may continue to see that counsellor as this service will continue to be a part of the overall services provided by the University to students.
To access My SSP, students may call 1.855.649.8641 or download the app via the App Store or Google Play and sign up using the Organization name “GSAED” for full access to the SSP services and resources.
How the SSP will help you stay healthy and happy while studying
- 24/7 on-demand support. Confidential counselling, including crisis support, available night and day via phone and online chat.
- Experienced professionals. Professionally trained counsellors with experience dealing with the challenges faced by students.
- No wait. Most appointments for in-person, telephone or video counselling booked at first outreach if you need more support.
- No extra cost. Instant access at no additional charge for students enrolled in schools that have signed up for the SSP.